The abstract submission for the 15th International Symposium on Digestive Physiology of Pigs is now open!
We invite you to share your ideas in the fields of pig nutrition and gut physiology at the 15th International Symposium on Digestive Physiology in Pigs.
The overall theme “Science for Sustainable Nutrition” will be addressed in six sessions covering a wide range of provisional topics:
Topic 1. Optimizing resource utilization for future feeds
Topic 2. Dynamics of digestion and absorption
Topic 3. Functionality of the intestinal microbiome
Topic 4. Role of the gut in whole body functioning and health
Topic 5. Models and methodologies
Topic 6. Lessons from other species and disciplines
Deadline: 1 December 2021.
The symposium abstract guidelines:
• Abstracts must be written in English (UK spelling) with a maximum of 300 words. This excludes the title, authors and affiliations.
• Abstracts must be submitted via the online abstract submission portal.
• Participants are allowed to submit maximum two contributions as presenting author.
• Abstracts submitted for scientific sessions should describe work that has not been published or presented at another international meeting. The selection of oral contributions to scientific sessions will depend on the topic and scientific quality of the contribution.
• The text should be concise and informative. Statements such as “The results will be discussed” are not acceptable and will result in rejection.
• The structure of the abstracts should follow the sequence of:
a) a briefing on the main problem studied;
b) a clear statement of the hypothesis(es) or expected results;
c) the methods used to test the hypothesis;
d) a description of the experimental design and statistical analysis;
e) explaining, in brief, the main results; the use of tables and figures is not allowed.
f) a synthetic conclusion derived from the data presented.
• Reference to commercial products should be avoided. Rather than that, scientific names of effective components should be used. Abstracts that emphasize commercial aspects of the research will be rejected.
• Tense: Use simple past tense for everything that has happened in the past. This will account for at least 90 per cent of the text.
• Statistical significance: the minimum statistical significance has been set at P≤0.05; statistical “trends” can be acknowledged only if P<0.10; differences with a P≥0.10 have no statistical relevance and should not be mentioned.
Please find below important dates to keep in mind. The abstract submission deadline is 1 December 2021 and will not be postponed.
15 September 2021: Abstract submission open
15 October 2021: Registration open
1 December 2021: Abstract submission deadline
February 2022: Notification of acceptance
17 February 2022: Early Bird registration deadline
17 – 20 May 2022: 15th International Symposium on Digestive Physiology in Pigs
Abstracts will be published in the DPP 2022 Symposium app, an abstract book will not be available.
If you have questions regarding your abstract submission, please contact the abstract secretariat.
Congress by design
+31 (0)88 089 81 01